(L-R) Virginia Jicha, Howard Lattimore, Margie Maddox, Maranda Maddox, Sonya Harriott, Pamela Story, Destinee Harriott, Porcha Mcmillan, and Eugene Pinckney.
Congratulations to the Cumberland County District PTA Council (CCDPTAC) and two local PTAs for being recognized during the North Carolina PTA (NCPTA) Convention recently held in the Watson School of Education Building located on the UNC Wilmington Campus.
The PTA Local Unit and Council Achievement recognitions are designed to recognize councils and local units that work to promote the mission and vision of PTA.
These achievement recognitions are based on a point system for accomplishing specific tasks and activities throughout the school year.
The District PTA Council received a banner and the local school PTAs were presented a yard sign.
- Cumberland County District PTA Council (Superior Achievement)
- Anne Chesnutt Yr. Round Middle School PTSA (Distinguished Achievement)
- Seventy-First High PTSA (Distinguished Achievement)
Come out and attend the HBCU college fair. The college fair will take place on March 3 from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the Smith Recreation Center.
Program Highlights include:
- Opportunities to connect with admission representatives
- Hear from current college students
- Attend engaging college planning seminars
- Learn about local scholarship opportunities
- Light lunch served
- Onsite registration
This information is available in a print-friendly PDF document: HBCU 2018 College Fair
Come join us for a panel/speaker of qualified partners that will be available to help answer questions on topics, such as:
- ESL Resources for families
- Immigration Laws and Information
- Special Needs/IEP Information
- Resources for Military Connected Families
- How the PTA and other community agencies can help families adjust (moves/school, etc.)
- Citizenship/Naturalization Information
- Free and low classes for parents offered through Fayetteville Technical Community College
- Language Immersion through Anne Chesnutt Middle School and others
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Brochures and other Information for families to collect
**There will be door prizes and membership opportunities as well…
Monday, February 26, 2018
Anne Chesnutt Middle School Gymnasium
2121 Skibo Rd.
Fayetteville, NC 28314
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information