Cumberland County District PTA Council
Board of Director’s Meeting
Cumberland County Schools Central Office
December 1, 2015
The Cumberland County District PTA Council met on Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 3:45 p.m. in the Central Services Board Room, with the following board members present: Sonya Harriott, Porcha McMillan, Jerial Bogan, Deanna Jones, Heather Fuentes, Cathy Hurley, Iris Pierce, Margie Maddox, Debora McPhaul and Renarta C. Moyd.
President, Porcha McMillan called the meeting to order at 3:54 p.m. The board approved the October 6, 2015 minutes.
President, Porcha McMillan opened up the meeting with discussion and opened the floor for the Treasurer report. Treasurer, Jerial Bogan discussed and provided the treasurer report for information purposes.
Treasurer’s Report: For information purposes only, with the following exceptions:
- $50 was going to be deposited soon
- The next statement will arrive on December 6, 2015.
- The balance of the grant monies was used for our Action for Active Youth Mini-Grant Program.
- Follow up with information regarding CCDPTA shirts
- CCDPTA BOD consider purchasing business cards
- CCDPTA awarded the CCF Grant and our proposal has been approved. CCF has advised they are interested in expanding the grant to offer it two times a year, which will allow us to receive an additional $10,000.00 in the summer.
- Deanna Jones is our new SEPTA Chair. She will be meeting with Kris and others to finish out the year.
- National PTA will be hosting the annual conference in Orlando June 27-July 3rd, 2016.
- We are in need of one additional Nominating Committee Member for next year’s elections. They must be apart of one of our District Schools to interview future candidates. Currently we have Deanna Jones and Virginia Jicha as our Nominating Committee members.
Board Committee Reports
VP of Leadership-Heather Fuentes
- There will training that is being developed. More information to come
Advocacy- Crystal Williams
Quarterly Advocacy letter was sent at the end of October to all Cumberland County members. NCPTA is assisting us in sending out our quarterly letter.
- It is important that we inform all members to make sure they provide current email addresses to local unit to ensure our database is accurate.
VP of Membership, Rosalyn Hinton
- We currently have 17 schools that have joined the District
Reflections Chair, Jennifer Teague
- Preparing for the awards program and will keep us updated with the final plans.
- On Jan. 26th CCDPTA will partner with Crown Coliseum and offer our Reflection Winners an opportunity to be on display during the Paint on Ice Night. This event will be open to all families and a chance to pain the ice with the FireAntz Hockey Team.
Additional Discussion Items
- Local units need to complete their 990 forms timely.
- VP of Leadership is asking all Community Liaisons to get with their schools concerning 990 issue and advise them of future grant opportunities.
NCPTA Just Ask Grant
CCDPTA SPICE Grant
Principal’s Advisory Board
- Debora McPhaul, Lake Rim Elementary will host a Cultural Arts Program
With no further business Porcha McMillan, President, adjourned the meeting at 5:10 p.m.
The next Board Meeting will be held on January 5, 2016. It will be held at 3:45 p.m. in our normal location.
Respectfully submitted by: Sonya Harriott
Approved by: Porcha McMillan